Are you passionate about helping people learn and grow? Have you built learning and development teams and programs that have been a key differentiator in a company’s success – creating the difference between excellence and adequate? Here at AffinityX, we are looking for someone who can help us create a competitive advantage for our clients and our employees through comprehensive new hire training programs (covering both the introduction to the company and also the in-depth technical skills), continuous improvement training and development especially through the nesting and probation periods, and beyond, continued support in areas where we see trending opportunities for improvement, and opportunities to further develop people’s skillsets to be able to take the next step in their careers.
We are looking for someone who can help us devise our organizational training strategies, oversee its implementation and access the training outcomes and efficacy.
While based in Pune, it is also critical that the programs are developed in conjunction with our Manila team, and that the output is a cohesive product used by both teams so that we use our global resources as efficiently as possible to maximize the programs and quality and avoid duplication.
The role covers:
- New hire training (primarily technical/ functional)
- Ongoing technical/ functional training
- Organizational/Career development and competency training (management, soft skills, office-readiness, communication, leadership)
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Assess, design, prepare, and execute learning strategies and programs
- Create a certification program for each of the major functions and levels within those functions so that advancement, promotion and attainment are clearly defined.
- Evaluate and identify individual and organizational training and development needs through consultation with business units’ managers, job analysis, learning need analysis, career paths, and performance appraisals.
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, hands-on, online training etc.)
- Drive learning and development initiatives through the design and delivery of e-learning, instructor-led, and various workshops and other trainings
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts
- Hire and oversee training and L&D Specialists
- Manage training policies, manuals, and various assets/educational materials to support learning and development initiatives. Ensure that all said L&D resources are up-to-date and relevant.
- Liaise with AVP/Managers/ and Associates to determine ongoing training needs.
- Ensuring all programs and processes are documented, and subject to continuous improvement and review.
- Ensure that the loop is closed in the cycle of error root cause analysis, and using the information to improve training, processes and SOPs etc.
- Monitor and evaluate training programs’ effectiveness, success and ROI, report on them and recommend adjustments accordingly.
Learning and Development Team and Operations Management:
- Ensure all learning initiatives are delivered within agreed service levels (against learning objectives, timelines and budgets).
- Prepare, monitor and manage the platform’s annual learning and development budget.
- Manage contractual relationships with external partners/vendors.
- Set performance objectives; conducts performance reviews; and recommends pay actions. Coach members of the team to ensure continuous development and improvement of overall capabilities. This includes creation and supporting of individual development plans.
- Take on the role of a technical adviser or resource; assists with training or trouble-shooting as necessary.
- Oversee the enforcement and implementation of company policies within his/her own team.
- Coordinate and collaborate with team members and other department representatives to ensure cross-learning and continuous improvement.
- Produce and analyses production reports and/or participates in special projects from time to time.
- Mentor and coach individuals, especially those who are at the top and ready for their next steps, and those who need support for improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Learning Management, etc. or equivalent experience.
- At least five years’ experience managing a team.
- Proven experience and strong understanding of adult learning principles, instructional design, learning content development, or behavioral change practices.
- Familiar with traditional and modern training methods (e-learning, instructor-led, on-the-job, simulations, mentoring and coaching, etc.)
- Strong project management and budget management skills.
- Ability to plan, multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with strong writing and attention-to-detail record keeping ability for reports and training materials.
- Prior experience working with learning management systems is an advantage.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with proven experience in influencing, engaging and partnering with audiences of all levels.
- Works well with ambiguity to come up with win-win solutions to best serve both stakeholders expectations and organizational needs.