Are you a B2B Adtech or Martech product marketer, someone whose career to date has been working with product and sales teams on bringing advertising products to market?
AffinityX is seeking an adaptable, creative and dynamic product marketing manager. In this role, you will be responsible for building go-to-market plans and compelling marketing content and materials designed to increase awareness and adoption of our products. The product marketing manager will play an integral role in all product releases as a partner to the product team. This is a great opportunity to join a company that has a unique position in the marketplace and make a strategic impact on both our business and that of our clients and their customers.
About the Team
AffinityX Marketing is a global, tight-knit team of super-smart go-getters that collaborate seamlessly with their sales, product, and operations colleagues to drive success for the company. We break down complex problems into actionable plans, with a relentless focus on customers. Led by a former Apple and Google marketing executive, the team is encouraged to think creatively and holistically and act independently to create solutions and messages that drive business.
About the Job
- Leverage your B2B experience to partner with product management to understand the value of our products and evangelize them both internally and externally
- Support sales teams with sales/buyer enablement materials (sales process mapping, emails, decks, collateral, social selling tools, other tools as needed)
- You’ll develop highly-differentiated product positioning and bring that to market by enabling our sales team to attract, pitch and close deals
- You’ll partner with demand generation and product to create and manage compelling events, such as user groups and Client Advisory Boards, and our participation at trade shows
- You’ll be a key part of our product commercialization process, partnering with colleagues around the world to define products, ensure product-market fit, deliver compelling marketing materials, and exceed KPIs
- You will gain a deep understanding of our target markets, the SMB market and our internal product roadmap
- Using your research chops, you’ll keep track of market trends, incorporate relevant data into materials, and work with Product to analyze competitor positioning and present internal competitive intelligence reports
- You’ll deliver high-quality written product materials and collateral (such as customer success stories, presentations, web copy, proposals) designed to attract and convert targeted prospects
- Skype, Zoom and conference lines are key tools, as you’ll be working from home! Yes, the majority of our U.S.-based team works as a seamless virtual office, sometimes in their pajamas. No more commuting!
About Your Skills
- Competitive candidates will have 7+ years of experience in enterprise product marketing in adtech, martech, digital media or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or relevant field of study
- Relevant experience in product marketing in digital marketing/advertising; experience marketing to ad agencies and brands is a requirement
- Experience marketing tech-enabled services or creative services is a plus.
- Experience in working with direct sales teams selling to enterprises, with long sales cycles and the need to influence large buying groups is required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to write compelling product copy and cater messaging and delivery to various audiences. You love to weave a story but understand the value of TL;DR.
- Experience in managing creative resources, such as designers and copywriters, to deliver tactics such as newsletters and collateral
- A passion for problem solving and executing/delivering on strategy
- Ability to work remotely and self-manage to key objectives
- Innovative, creative, and entrepreneurial in nature
- Strong project and program management skills
- Solid understanding of how complex, technical and creative environments work, from both a people and product standpoint
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and thrive in a fast-growing, rapidly-changing and often ambiguous environment
- High attention to detail and highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic and very tactical levels
More About You
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make things happen, and you know when to ask for help.
- You believe in not only serving your internal and external customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You're known among colleagues past and present as a great partner to sales and product teams
- You are comfortable learning something new or applying a different approach to remove bottlenecks and keep a project moving